It’s my pleasure today to announce the availability of the new TaskDialog 0.5.0 library release, which is dedicated to Mac OS support.
The last two weeks were spent researching the Apple standards and making task dialogs on Mac OS look as close as possible to original ones. The list of specific Mac OS differences, supported by library includes:
- Correct Resources (Fonts, icons, text) and component gaps
- No separators between Message, Command and Footer areas
- Expandable component is showing directly under “Details” check box ( disclosure triangle )
- Expandable component is automatically wrapped in correct border
- Correct Command button order
Here are examples of the same dialog under windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6.2
I cannot say I’m confident I caught all the details but with your help I’m sure I’m going to 🙂
The project is available at http://code.google.com/p/oxbow/ under BSD license.
As always – comments and suggestions are welcome.